Sexual Assault Charge Defence Lawyer
Stress and anxiety are commonly experienced by people charged with sex offences. For some, it is the first time they have been charged with an offence and they are unaware of the judicial process involved with the criminal law in Perth. It is therefore vital that they engage an experienced criminal lawyer with a reputation for expertise in defending people on sex charges. Andrew Williams is a senior practitioner of criminal law in Perth and has offices in both Perth and Fremantle. For years he has managed to consistently achieve outstanding results for his clients in defending people charged with serious sex offences.
What Do I Do If I’ve Been Charged With Sexual Assault?
- Finding a specialist sex charge defence lawyer in Perth is imperative. A Perth criminal lawyer specialising in defending sex charges will have a sound understanding and perspective of the sex charges and the relevant law. Fremantle criminal defence lawyer Andrew Williams possesses the expertise in sex charges and has the skill and experience to defend sex charges vigorously.
- Refrain from speaking to the police or answering questions at a police interview if you are being investigated for a sex offence. Similarly, if the police charge you, refrain from discussing these matters with anyone. It might be tempting to talk about your charges but doing so may be detrimental to your case. Anything you say to anyone is evidence which the prosecution may potentially use against you at a later time.
- Refrain from sharing and discussing with other people views about legal issues relating to your case. Doing so may lead you to a misguided apprehension about how your charges are likely to play out. More than likely the information or advice you receive from other people will be incorrect. Wait to speak with an experienced specialist sex charge criminal lawyer at the law offices of Andrew Williams in Perth or Fremantle from whom you will be sure to receive accurate advice.
How Do I Choose The Right Criminal Lawyer For Sex Related Matters
If you are facing sex charges in Perth or Fremantle you need a criminal lawyer who has expertise in that specific area of law. There are many legal practices out there that do not practice exclusively in criminal law and run a practice which also focuses on other areas of law other than criminal law. When searching for your criminal lawyer ask yourself:
- Does the lawyer practice exclusively in criminal law?
- Does the lawyer have expertise in sex offences?
- Does the lawyer have the reliability, capability and commitment to achieve the best possible outcome for you?
Arranging An Appointment: The 1st Step
You have been charged and the police have provided you with a court hearing notice. You need a good criminal lawyer but are unsure how to choose your legal representation. You turn to Yellow pages or Google but there are so many lawyers out there and they all look so similar.
The first step is to schedule an appointment with the law office and speak with the lawyer face to face. If you are unsure about the lawyer’s level of expertise or you don’t feel comfortable with them handling your case trust your instinct and go to another lawyer. If you are told by the lawyer that it is unlikely that he/she will be the one advocating for you in court make ask them why. It goes without saying that if you are charged with a serious sex offence you need to feel comfortable with your lawyer and have trust and confidence in them being able to handle your case from beginning to end.
Andrew Williams will ensure that you walk away from your first appointment with the feeling that you have the strong and capable backing of an experienced sex charge defence lawyer. Andrew Williams is acknowledged throughout the legal community for his experience as a specialist sex charge criminal defence lawyer and barrister in all court jurisdictions within the state of Western Australia including the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts. If you have been charged with a sex related offence look no further than the criminal law offices of Andrew Williams in Perth and Fremantle for your legal advice and representation.
We can help
Sex charges are serious matters and carry tough penalties upon conviction in our state. Andrew Williams is an experienced and passionate criminal lawyer who will fight to protect your interests. Have you recently been charged with a sex offence? If so, contact the Law Offices of Andrew Williams today. You can reach us on (08) 9278 2575.